2014 Goals (yep, it's one of those posts)

Today has been a quiet day. A day for cups of tea, listening to soft music and playing Star Wars Angry Birds on my Kindle. All whilst wearing the most coziest of slipper socks in existence.



It's also been a day for reflecting on what goals I want to accomplish this year. And yes, I know that it's very cliche to be all 'new year, new you' every year when most of the time it's actually going to be more of the same. But honestly, I don't see the harm in making a few goals for yourself every once in a while, and it makes perfect sense to do it in the new year just after you've enjoyed a bit of indulgence over the holidays.

Some of my little goals I'm going to keep to myself because they're just for me, so here's a select few:


  • I want to try and get back into the habit of playing the piano regularly. I had lessons when I was in years 4 and 5 at school and then I played the clarinet for a couple of years in high-school, but I've forgotten quite a lot, and I think I'll have to remind myself how to read music again. I'd love to be able to just play by ear but I'm not that musically talented!
  • Keep taking photographs, and remember to upload them to Flickr. Even of mundane things (like my socks, see above photo, haha).
  • Do a little bit of creative writing every week. Whether or not I'll share anything I write with anyone is a different story entirely, but I'd feel better knowing that I'd written something.
  • Read more. I was a bit better with reading in 2013 than the previous couple of years, and I want to do even better this year. I want to read a better quality of books this year too, as a lot of the ones I read in 2013 were really terribly written.
As you can see, these are all kind of creative goals which I'm pleased about. Also, they're not too difficult to accomplish, hooray! Right, now I need to go and sort out something to eat before I have to get ready for work, joy of joys.

Song of the Day: You're So Great by Blur
Currently Reading: Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...