NaNoWriMo

So November has arrived under a layer of fog, and Halloween came and went without a single trick-or-treater, leaving me with a bag of goodies that I suppose I'll now have to eat (it's a tough job but somebody has to do it).

This year I decided to do NaNoWriMo for the first time (basically trying to write a 50,000 word novel in a month). I've debated doing it for a few years now, ever since I first heard of it, but the timings never quite seemed to work out, or I remembered too late. But a few days before November started, I remembered that it existed and figured 'what the hell' and signed up. I didn't have a plan, I didn't have an outline, all I had was an incredibly vague idea of a particular character, and I decided to just do what I do best - wing it. 

The target is to do 1,667 words per day, and yesterday I managed to do 2,602, so all in all I was pretty chuffed with my start. Today, however, I am sitting pretty on a grand total of zero words. Oh well, the day is not over yet. 

Song of the Day: Everything's Not Lost by Coldplay (When I counted up my demons/Saw there was one for every day/With the good ones on my shoulders/I drove the other ones away)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...