I'm a winner

I normally wait until the 1st of December to put up the Christmas decorations, but I caved this year and roped Jack into helping me put them up on Saturday night. There's something about a Christmas tree that really ties a room together. After we had finished, we put on our PJs, had some mulled cider and watched Home Alone with the fire on. It was great.

Yesterday was very productive, despite it being Sunday. I finished NaNoWriMo! Well, I didn't finish my story, but I reached 50,000 words, so technically I'm a winner and I'll take that. Jack had a headache and lay down on the sofa feeling sorry for himself all afternoon so I turned the telly on and had The Little Mermaid on in the background while I wrote. Which probably wasn't the best idea because that movie actually makes me really angry. I hope I'm not alone in thinking this, but Ariel is a moron. I mean, no offense, but she really, really is. Why would you give up being a mermaid (I really wanted to be a mermaid when I was a kid) for some bland, boring prince that you know nothing about? She's not in love with Eric, she's infatuated, and it's borderline creepy. The only one to make any sense in the whole movie is Sebastian - "Ariel, listen to me. The human world ... It's a mess"- and he gets completely ignored. Not to mention that only two of the songs are even any good! Sorry, apparently I have a lot of opinions about The Little Mermaid. You know what you should watch for a much better interpretation of the story, featuring love in its most innocent and pure form instead? Ponyo. I love Ponyo.

I went off on a tangent there, but I think I made some valid points. But I was talking about NaNoWriMo, and how I finished it! Good for me. And a day early, too. I'm pretty chuffed about it. I think now I just need to not look at it for a little while, and then I can finish it, and then I can go back through and edit. I might just rewrite the whole thing, change things around and make it better. But that's getting ahead of myself, so we'll see.

Here's to getting stuff done!

Song of the Day: Don't Think Twice It's Alright by Bob Dylan (I ain't saying you treated me unkind/ You could have done better but I don't mind/ You just kinda wasted my precious time/ But don't think twice, it's alright)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...