It has been a day

I ventured into town today to try and see if I could find anything suitable for a couple of family members and it took no more than half an hour for me to completely lose the will to live. It wasn't even that busy, it's just that everyone sort of seems to lose their heads around Christmas time and forgets basic shopping etiquette. People seem to go out of their way to make sure they have blocked an entire aisle, so everyone just waits for them to move or they take the long way round because we're all far too British to say anything. Also, the people who just decide to stand still in shop entrances while pedestrian traffic builds up behind them - why do they do that? I left after an hour with nothing to show for it except some top-coat nail polish which isn't even a gift, it's for me. There were even some shops I meant to go in but didn't because I was so full of rage and had utterly had enough. Ho ho ho, 'tis the season and all that.

Popped into Waitrose on the way home because there were a couple of basic things I needed and I managed to only remember one of them. I was at the tills, looking at my basket, thinking about how I had definitely forgotten something, and it wasn't until I got home that I remembered. Literally as soon as I walked through the door as well. But anyway, I had something to eat and I did the washing up and had a cup of tea, and then I wrote a couple of Christmas cards so I feel marginally better now.

In the spirit of cheering up, here are five songs that never fail to make me smile:

1. Baby I Love Your Way by Big Mountain
2. Wake Up Boo! by The Boo Radleys
3. You & Me Song by The Wannadies
4. Come And Get Your Love by Redbone
5. Shut Up And Dance by Walk The Moon (the link is to the movie dance compilation video because it's way better than the official music video)

There are plenty of other songs that make me smile too, those are just a select few.

Song of the Day: Just A Cloud Away by Pharrell Williams (This rainy day is temporary/ The contrast is why we got 'em/ 'Cause sun shining through is just a cloud away)

Currently Reading: Rivers Of London by Ben Aaronovitch. I really love it so far.



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...