I don't mean to brag but . . . I have a degree

I graduated today. Which means that tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life. Although technically I suppose you could say that every day.

Look, here's a photo of me and Daf looking really smart and sophisticated (because we are university graduates, don't you know).

The day went by with no major incidents. When I went to get my robes on, my cap was too big, as I thought it would be thanks to my head-measuring methods. I had to try on about six different caps until we found one that fit me. Also, the robes are just huge. My hood kept slipping off my shoulder which you can see in the photo, which was irritating to say the least. But anyway, I rolled with it, and managed to suppress the overwhelming urge to burst out laughing as I walked on stage. It wasn't until I got home and looked at the videos my Dad took on his camcorder that I realised I had spent my entire graduation with the label sticking out the back of my dress. Fan-tastic.

After it was over, I went back to the flat with Mum and Dad one last time to pack up the rest of my stuff and hand in my key. Well, I say 'pack up the rest of my stuff' but I still managed to leave a drawer full of scarves and hats and gloves. Luckily for me, Daf thought to check the drawers after I had left so at least I won't be cold this winter!

******
Song of the Day: Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) by Green Day
So take the photographs and still frames in your mind/Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time/Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial/For what it's worth it was worth all the while/It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right/I hope you had the time of your life

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...