Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! And obviously I hope you all had very merry Christmases. As soon as people started coming home (my brother and my parents), I quickly lost the inclination to blog, because anytime I wasn't working (which wasn't that often - Christmas is a busy time in the restaurant trade!) I just wanted to spend with my family and friends. And despite working so much, I still managed to have a fantastic Christmas. Here's some of my festive highlights:


  • Listening to Christmas music whilst putting up the Christmas decorations with my brother and his girlfriend.
  • Having my parents home to cook for me again, haha!
  • Going to the German Christmas Market in Birmingham with Jack and going to watch The Hobbit at the IMAX while we were there.
  • My Nan getting out of hospital on Christmas Eve, just in time to come with my Grandad to spend Christmas with my parents and I.
  • Only having one or two grumpy customers in the pub on Christmas Day.
  • A delicious Christmas dinner which my parents had prepared for when I would get back from work (which ended up being about 6.30) - thanks very much for waiting for me!
  • Getting a furby(!) and a Kindle Fire from my parents.
  • Being absolutely spoilt rotten by Jack.
  • Watching Arthur Christmas on Boxing Day, then going round to Jack's, meeting a lot of his family (eep!) and playing Trivial Pursuit.
  • Shopping with my mum on New Years Eve and having a quiet night in to ring in the new year.
  • A nice walk on New Years Day with Jack during which we nearly got ran down by a tiny child on a bike which had no pedals.
I haven't been in work since Sunday but I'm now on my last day off before I head back to normality tomorrow. My dad left early on New Years Eve and my mum left this morning, and the Christmas decorations came down yesterday so the house is feeling very quiet and bare at the moment. I think I'll have severe post-Christmas blues next week.

Anyway, everything should return to normal on the blogging front now. Maybe I'll try and think up some New Years resolutions so that I can fail miserably at them.

Christmas Song of the Day: I know it's not Christmas anymore but I missed a whole bunch of these and I wanted to include my favourite festive song. I Believe In Father Christmas by Greg Lake

Currently reading: Since getting my Kindle Fire I've read 3 books but I finished one last night so I'm currently between books.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...