25 facts about me, 1-10

So this '50 random facts about yourself' thing has been doing the rounds on loads of blogs lately and I figured I may as well join in. I'm only going to do 25 though, because 50 just sounds like a ridiculous effort. The facts might not even be that random, just things you might not know about me. They won't even be all that interesting. Bet you can't wait to read this now!


  1. The first gig (well, concert) I ever went to was Bryan Adams with my parents and brother at the NEC in Birmingham. He was awesome. Since then I've only seen Boy Kill Boy, and then I saw Feeder when they came to my University's May Ball. So yeah, I'm not really a big gig attender. I do love music though.
  2. I lived in Saudi Arabia from the ages 2-10 and then 13-16, so 11 years overall because my parents got teaching jobs out there. It was a really great place to grow up which sounds weird to everyone unless they grew up there too. My parents still live there now (which gives me free reign of our UK house except when they're back for holidays). So I guess I have the unique experience of still living at home but not technically living with my parents.
  3. I hate tomato ketchup with the burning passion of a thousand fiery suns. As a waitress, I come into contact with the nasty stuff on an almost daily basis so I'm used to it, but I still find it revolting. Clearing plates with ketchup smeared all over them is my least favourite thing about my job.
  4. I'm a sucker for creature-feature type films. Jaws is my favourite movie, but I also love things like Anaconda and Lake Placid. Last night I watched Piranha, the one with Kelly Brook in it, and it was amazing - total rubbish obviously, but amazing. I don't know why I'm drawn to these types of films, I think maybe I just like that they don't take themselves too seriously.
  5. I am the jumpiest person ever. This is something that the boys at work have been enjoying immensely ever since they realised, by jumping out at me from behind fridges when I walk past, or sneaking up behind me and just hovering there until I turn around, making me jump out of my skin. I'm ridiculous in scary films.
  6. I passed my theory test second time, and my driving test third time. I'm ok with this because I beat my brother who passed fourth time.
  7. I always get nervous before making a big purchase for myself, even though I know I have enough money for it. I was like this before buying my GHDs a few years ago, and last year with my iPhone. I kept going online and adding it to my basket and then chickening out. I don't know why, but buying expensive things like that makes me feel guilty even if I really want it, but I won't think twice about spending money on clothes.
  8. I have never broken any bones (touch wood!) and have only been to hospital once, when I was little because I got quite dehydrated and had to go on a drip.
  9. I don't think I will ever grow tired of reading/watching Harry Potter. It's such a good story and is now just synonymous with my generation. I've been to the Harry Potter Studio tour which was fantastic, and I really want to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios in Orlando. One day...
  10. I was in Sydney over Christmas and New Year when I was 19 and I got to do the Sydney Harbour Bridge climb and see the fireworks on New Years Eve, both of which were incredible experiences. If you ever get a chance to go, I would definitely take it! I'd love to go back. 
I think I'll leave it there for today. Thinking of facts about yourself is really hard, you guys.

Song of the Day: Here's Your Letter by Blink-182

Currently reading: You Had Me At Hello

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...