Early bird

I'm finding it really difficult to get back into the swing of blogging regularly after Christmas. Work has been busy - much busier than I expected at this time of year - and I spend most of my free time feeling pretty exhausted. I need to get back into a routine, but then that's pretty much the story of my life, constantly looking for a consistent routine!

This morning I had to go into town for a 9.45am sight test and contact lens check up. I always like to get appointments like this out of the way as early as possible because then it leaves me the rest of day to do what I want with. I've been informed that I have become slightly more short-sighted (booo) but that I get a free pair of glasses as part of my easy-care package (yay!). I'm planning on heading back next week when I have a bit more time to pick out some frames.

But anyway, while I was in town I could pick up a few bits that I needed (and also a dress from Primark - it's well worth going first thing in the morning before the masses have descended and made it a total mess!) and I did my food shopping for the week. All that and I made it home before midday. This afternoon I made double chocolate chip cookies for the first time ever and they are seriously yummy.

My point here is that getting up earlier, even on days where you don't have to, will probably make your day much more productive and thus make you feel less crappy. So that's my helpful hint for the day. Not that you asked for one.

Oh yeah and apparently we're supposed to get more snow this week? There was a little bit on the ground this morning but if we get a repeat of last months I will actually kill someone. Well, not really, but I'll be very unhappy.

Song of the Day: Not Giving In by Rudimental feat. John Newman and Alex Clare

Currently reading: You Had Me At Hello by Mhairi McFarlane. So far it's your typical romance type book but enjoyable nonetheless. I think next I should try and read something more taxing. It's so much effort though!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...