Emilee

When I left Saudi to come back to England with my family in 1999, I said goodbye to a very dear friend of mine, Emilee. When we first moved to Saudi, Emilee's family were our next door neighbours. I was two, and she was one, and we saw each other nearly every day for the next eight years. We both left at the same time, as her family was moving to China, and when the time came for us to say goodbye, I genuinely believed that I would never see her again.

Extraordinarily, I did see her again, several years later when me and my parents were back in Saudi again. Her parents had an interview in Bahrain, and a bunch of families who knew them 'way back when' had a meal out, and so I saw her then, albeit briefly, and it wasn't exactly an ideal setting to have a proper catch-up. Nevertheless, it was still lovely to see her, because again, I thought I wouldn't be seeing her again. 

On Saturday afternoon, me and Emilee sat together in my garden in Wolverhampton, reminiscing about our childhood and Saudi, and just generally having a much needed catch-up. Emilee's parents live back in Saudi now (it's funny how a lot of people who move away from Saudi end up coming back, if not to Saudi then somewhere else in the Middle-East) and Emilee goes to college back in America. She's been studying in London since January, and has been interning there as well, but she goes home soon, and so she got the train down to see me on Saturday for a few hours.

It was so lovely to see her after all these years. As a child, I was just as likely to eat at her house for dinner as I was at mine. A patio was all that separated our houses, and along with the other kids that lived on our compound, we would play together every day after school.

I grew up with Emilee, and I'm so glad she took time out of her trip to come and see me.



Me and Emilee with Emilee's Dad when we were little. I don't have a scanner so I had to take a picture of a picture.



My Dad had a series of photos of me and Emilee and added 'witty' speech bubbles to them. I couldn't get a clear picture of the whole thing so I've just got this one instead.

Emilee took a photo while she was here which she's put on her blog. I hope it's not too long before we meet up again!

******

I've decided not to do my loving/hatin' section anymore, because it's sometimes a chore to think of them, and most of the time it will be pretty obvious from my blog post what I love or hate anyway! I will however still be doing a song of the day. I like enforcing my musical tastes on people. I'm obnoxious like that.
 
Song of the Day: Lost In Stereo by All Time Low
She's dancing alone/I'm ready to go/But she's so lost in stereo, lost in stereo

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...