Books and water and Grey's Anatomy

In celebration of finishing my dissertation, I went out and bought myself a few books to read recreationally. They are all Stephen King books, because I've never read any before and they were 3 for 2 in Waterstones. I got Carrie, The Shining, and Dreamcatcher. I also went to Smiths and bought It because they didn't have it in Waterstones and it was actually the one I most wanted to read. 

I've read Carrie now, it was the shortest so I figured I'd start with that one, and I think I enjoyed it. It's a weird book, but well written as I really wanted to know what was going to happen, but at the same time I was dreading it. No easy feat so well played, Stephen. I've now moved onto It. I haven't got very far yet but I'm wondering if it was the best idea. Like a lot of people, I'm not particularly fond of clowns. I don't have a phobia or anything, but there's just something about a painted on smile which is incredibly sinister. I have a feeling that It might turn my simple aversion to clowns into an inherent fear.  



Whilst looking for a creepy clown photo I found this list of creepy clowns, where the above photo was found, which is actually from the movie version of It I think.

Anyway, I've had to put the reading of It on hold, as Daf has inadvertantly knocked a glass of water all over it. He dried it off with my hairdryer and it's now sitting underneath a pile of textbooks in an effort to flatten it down. It was only an accident so I'm not mad, but Daf has a habit of pouring water all over my stuff . In our first year of university it was my brand new laptop which was the unassuming victim, and I spent a very nervous half an hour wondering what I was going to tell my parents whilst a techno-savvy friend tried to fix it. Luckily, he did fix it, but it wasn't the last time Daf accidentally watered down my belongings. I'm beginning to wonder whether he has an unconscious wish to destroy of all my possessions.

As well as reading, I've been watching a lot of Grey's Anatomy before I get myself into a heavy revision routine. I really like it, but something devastatingly sad happens in nearly every single episode. It's exhausting. Also, a lot of really bad things happen to the characters, they're always nearly dying or something. It's ridiculous that these poor people should be plagued by such terrible misfortune. No matter what happens in the future, at least my life will never be as depressing as theirs.

******

Song of the Day: Traffic Jam by Vega4
All I want is someone to pull me out/I'm stuck in a traffic jam/With nowhere to run for miles

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...