Lately...

My blog schedule is kind of coming together. I know that I'm going to be posting on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays. Friday is going to be photograph based, and I'm going to call it Photo Friday because it's pretty much alliteration and therefore sounds good. I haven't thought of anything specific to do on Mondays and Wednesdays, but rest assured, I'll be delivering some sort of content on those days! But anyway, for today, here's a little, 'what I've been doing lately' to keep you going.

Reading: 
Honestly? Christmas magazines, recipe books, blogs, but not a lot else. Which is ridiculous because I am supposed to be doing a book challenge (that I set for myself, might I add). I don't know what it is but lately I just haven't really felt like reading which is a shame because I really do love to read. I think part of the reason is that there are books that I quite want to read which aren't on my list, and I know that reading them will make me feel guilty, and that's making me resent my list of books still to read. I think the first thing I need to do is finish We Need To Talk About Kevin and then I'll see how I feel after that. I'm stuck in a reading rut and I need to get out of it.

Watching:
Game of Thrones. I feel like I'm kind of late to the party with this one, but a friend got me onto it and I am hooked. I haven't read any of the books (now there's a surprise) and honestly I don't think I'll bother, I'm just enjoying watching it. I've also been watching Nigellissima, Nigella Lawson's current show on the BBC. I used to love Nigella, I love the hilarious phrases she uses to describe what she's doing and how things taste. Plus her hair is always so perfect. But on this latest series she suddenly seems so incredibly smug. Not that she hasn't always been smug because she has, but now she's even smuggier (that's totally a word). It still hasn't stopped me watching though, I'm a sucker for cookery shows. Oh, and last night the new series of Tool Academy started so I'll be watching that. It's so bad but I just can't look away.

Movie-wise, I've seen a couple of new to me films. I finally watched Princess Mononoke the whole way through. I love it, it's so fantastically weird. I also watched Leon: The Professional for the first time, that's pretty good. 

Listening to:
There's a song from one of the Google Chrome adverts which I'd been wanting to purchase for a while but didn't know what it was. Then I remembered I have Shazam on my iPhone and so that pretty much solved my problem. So anyway, the song was Velvet Elvis by Alex Winston, and it's awesome, but I bought the whole album (King Con) because it is so good. I've also been listening to The Civil Wars a lot.

Looking forward to:
Christmas. ChristmasChristmasChristmasChristmas.

Making:
Lists and plans and cookies.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...